If you reached this article then you are probably one of the lucky people who got stuck in a long distance relationship with someone from a different country and a quite big distance between you.
If this person is your twinflame, than you are lost with it and it will be hard to disconnect from this person.
Most twin flames connections come with some challenges once they meet each other and sometimes it’s just the beginning of the road for this amazing reunion and both of you still got a journey to go through.
Sometimes it can be just a soulmate, but a lot of twinflames couples meet each other for the first time during a trip or while one or both of them travel.
So let’s talk about long distance relationships. Pros and cons
Pros of a long distance relationship:
- The distance makes you miss each other – there’s huge passion that being built between the two of you.
- You got a lot of space to build yourself, to live your life, to grow professionally and evolve.
- You learn to appreciate your shared time together and it’s very valuable.
- You appreciate each other, you know how not to take your partner for granted.
- You create great communication together. Long distance relationship will make you talk with each other every day so when there’s no physical connection, there’s emotional and verbal connection.
- Couples which survived a long distance relationship for a long time and then moved in together, usually get along very good with great communication, respect, intimacy and big love for each other.
- There are extra levels of enjoying each other’s company because once one of you want to see the other, it involves flying abroad or travelling which is always nice to take a time out from your life and feel like you’re in heaven for few days.
Cons of long distance relationship:
- Depends on the distance between you, if you live in a different city, country, state or continent. The more distance between you, the harder and challenging this relationship is going to be.
- You can’t enjoy physical intimacy with each other on regular basis, because of the distance.
- Sometimes, you going to need this hug or touch or kiss, while having bad times or bad day and you just can’t have it.
- Long distance relationships are expensive. Since they involve flying and travelling to distant places and makes one or two of you miss work days in each meeting, you should consider that seriously.
- There will be times when you will feel anxious or jealous when your partner will disappear for few hours, or tell you he or she going to party or visiting places and you are not there and don’t know what they are doing and with who.
- If you can’t meet more than every 2 months on regular basis, it’s going to be very hard to accomplish this relationship for a long time.
- If your partner is not the communicative type or if there’s no equal invest in this relationship it will not work for long.
So how you can make a long distance relationship work?
- Decide on a deadline for this relationship to be fulfilled – you should make sure at the beginning of this relationship, that at some point, in the next year or two, one of you will be ready to move his life to the other person’s place. This is not an easy decision to make but after meeting each other twice, you should discuss this issue.
if no one of you is planning to make a change in his life for this relationship in the future, don’t start with it. With all the pain now, it will be much more painful after a year or two when you put your life on hold.
- Talk with each other every day on the phone and make sure to have video chat at least 2-3 times a week. If you can, do it every day, it’s the closest thing to meeting each other. In video chat you can look into your partner’s eyes, you can share parts of your day together. When you do talk to each other, whether it’s on video or just a phone call, make yourself free, and give all the attention to this call, at least once a day for 10-15 minutes when you are just with each other.
- Don’t text each other all day long, take some distance from time to time and keep things you want to share with your partner for your daily conversation. That’s how it’s going to be a more effective conversation that will make you fill from this conversation.
- Make sure to meet each other each at least every 2-3 months on average. More than that is just too much and hard to maintain as “relationship”. If you see that you can’t meet often, maybe you should consider stalling this relationship and just be good friends with benefit and meet when you can.
- Make sure that the two of you are committed to this relationship when it comes to putting an effort according to each one ability. If both of you are in a very bad financial position, it’s going to be almost impossible to meet.
- When you meet each other, make plans, create memories, try to make the time together valuable. Yes, sex is important too, but don’t just lay in bed all day and all night. Travel together, eat, cook, see special places and cherish each moment you share together.
- When the last visit has ended, try to schedule the next one as soon as possible. Knowing there’s a date, will give you the strength to hold on.
- Decide whether you wait for each other or not. If you’re exclusive or not. If you know you’re going to meet every 2-4 months, you both need to feel ok with that if you decide not to be with other people.
- If you have decided on being in an open relationship and date or have sex with other people, make sure your partner is ok with that because there’s a chance that you might get complicated in a different relationship while your partner is waiting for you at distance and it might confuse you.
- Don’t lie to each other. Trust is the most important thing in a long distance relationship. After talking with each other every day, in most cases, you will learn how to notice when your partner is lying and in the opposite way. Always be honest. This is not an easy journey, but it’s worth it.
- Don’t talk with too many people about your relationship, most of them won’t understand, and they will just turn you down and destroy your motivation.
- Avoid “dangerous” circumstances – like meeting alone people who flirt with you or people you had sex with in the past. Being alone and lonely can make us do stupid things.
- Use the period alone to be with friends, work and enjoy your hobbies. you can open a blog or a youtube channel and talk about your relationship. It can help you deal with the time alone easily.
- Surprise each other with gifts, a letter through the post, with your kiss on it and spray your perfume on the letter or on some cute T-shirt you will send to them.
- Be an active part of each other’s lives, share your schedule, your plans, what you did.
- Be sexy! Keep the passion alive, send your partner sexy pictures in surprise (just warn them before. ) or wear something sexy for your video chat or face time together.
- Try to support each other at the hard moments, listen to them when they need you, be their partner. Don’t let them look for comfort and warmth somewhere else.
- If you got a due date for when you are going to be together eventually, stick to that, let it be the anchor of your relationship. When you got some target with a date in front of you, it will be easier.
Being in a long distance relationship, especially if you got thousands of miles between you, can be quite hard and not everyone can handle that.
If your partner decides that he can’t do it anymore, try to understand that maybe it’s for the better, and everything happens as it should be. Don’t be mad at them and if things will change in your life or their life, try to make it possible.
Sometimes it’s better to define your relationship as a friendship and to be with other people until it will be possible for you to be with each other and live together.
Good luck and you are invited to share this with your friends and comment and share us with your story!